header

 

Fully rigged ship S.F HERSEY

 


Official Number Date Builder Tonnage L B D Fate
88941 1865 Searsport Maine, USA 991 169 33.0 22.8 Sunk as a pier at Swan Island Port Phiilip Bay Melbourne
Capt Colin McDonald - Master 1888
1865 Built in Searsport, Maine U.S.A. for J.C. Nickels & Co., Searsport, Maine. Named after Samuel F. Hersey, prominent Maine politician a founder of Republican Party, wealthy lumber merchant.
   
1886 August 6th - Sold to C.G. & E.F. Millar, railway contractors, of Melbourne
   
1890 January 30th - Sold to C.H. Hudson, steamship agent, of Melbourne.
   
" February 7th - Sold to Tasmanian Steam Navigation Co. of Hobart.
   
1891 May 9th - Sold to the Union Steam Ship Co. of New Zealand Ltd.
   
1913 August 11th - Registration closed, dismantled and converted to a coal hulk.
   
1914 June 15th - Re-registered Melbourne.
   
1923 May 12st - Register closed, Vessel obsolete, sold to Navy for 1/- and Sunk as a pier at Swan Island Port Phiilip Bay Melbourne

 

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED - All material used on this site is copyright - No photographs or other material may be used without the express written permission of the web master - 2014